Monday, January 17, 2022

A Back Up

After a week of wear, my button band looks like this: 

So, I decided to make a back up, just in case.

It's a touch wider and longer. The buttons are bigger. And the colors do not go well together, but it's going under my hair, so no one will notice.

I made a slight modification to the assembly. I used a shank button. And I realized that rather than sewing the button on the band, I could slip it on while I was knitting, kind of like if I was attaching beads

Although, I didn't use a crochet hook. I used a bent piece of wire. Otherwise, I strung the button as if I was stringing a bead. It's nice because I don't have to then wind in ends from the yarn used to attach the button. Hopefully it'll be a bit more secure.

21 comments:

  1. I like both especially the bottom one. The buttons look like watches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. It's amazing what sorts of buttons they make nowadays.

      Delete
  2. That is clever. The buttons are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them. The clever was come up with by someone else more than two years ago. If I knew who to give credit to, I would.

      Delete
  3. I like those little clock buttons. They're cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new one looks like it will hold up better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. The buttons are lighter weight. I can see them snapping easier than my first one.

      Delete
  5. If at first you don't succeed, definitely try, try again. Like those clock buttons. I've never sewed a shank button but yes, I think it will work better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saves a step and the dreaded winding in of the ends, so it's a win.

      Delete
  6. Both look good. They are definitely too complicated for me to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of them. The buttons are very petty.

    Happy Tuesday, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever! But that's what we do, isn't it, improve every time we redo something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clockface idea is very neat. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crochet as well as knit, don't you? As far as I know, the crocheted bands, made with cotton yarn, hold up very well. My sister and her coworkers have been using the same ones for well over a year now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can crochet. I hadn't thought of using cotton. That might hold up even better. I think I have a third one of these in my future.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.