Friday, October 12, 2018

He Likes Us


When I talked to the ceramics teacher's wife the day after his accident (where he broke his collar bone), she warned me that his period five was his difficult class.

They got the same intro as the other periods (namely, they were told what had happened to Mr. P and that he'd be out for longer than a couple days). Then we got into the lesson (which was busywork as Mr. P hadn't anticipated being out).

As I do, I strolled around the room. I overheard many interesting conversations.

"And he was just beginning to like us..."

After school, I got a text telling me that Mr. P was awake and wanted to speak to me.

He asked how his classes were. I told him things had gone smoothly, considering. (This was true.)

Then I related what I'd overheard in fifth period.

Mr. P laughed. Apparently, no, he was not warming up to them. But he was amused they thought so.

I felt no need to disabuse them of this notion, though. Perhaps they'll be on their best behavior upon his return.

23 comments:

  1. Aww, that is too cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite them being difficult, they want him to like them which is typical of human beings especially when we sense they don't care for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, harsh. I feel bad for the kids now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz - I'm glad he could laugh ... bet it hurt. Still at least he's aware of what's going on ... and yes it'll be interesting his return. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny that they thought he was warming up to them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps he's just learning to hide it better.

      Delete
  6. Absence may make the heart grow fonder and he'll warm up t them once he returns?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny. Best wishes on his speedy recovery. Be well, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear it all worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny how the students thought the teacher was just to like them. Could that mean they like him? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. So was he making them think he was warming up to them or were they just that clueless? HAHA....interesting. Fatigue~ it is a touch of both, heavy and it sucks the energy out of me when it hits. It is horrible. I can fight hard to work through it if it happens in a place I can't lay down but it is hard and embarrassing. Can't funtion well at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. That's why I shared it with him. I thought he would enjoy it.

      Delete
  12. I wish Mr. P a speedy recovery! Maybe when he returns to the class, he might enjoy the company of the students better after his time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. I'm sure he'll be happy to get out of the house.

      Delete
  13. They were obviously warming to him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! So he doesn't like them? :( Poor kids. Glad they are liking him though. That's good for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's the whole class. Just a couple annoying individuals. But with all of them in one class...

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.