Thursday, October 17, 2013

Money, Money, Money

I happened upon this article from io9 ("Here's How You'll Make and Save Money in the Future") and it got me thinking that I have another What If Thursday coming up and I need a question to ask...

When we create other worlds for our stories, we can create any sort of society that we want. Oftentimes, we base our worlds on what we know. But we can make just about anything possible.

What if money was not an indicator of wealth or power? What if we lived in a world where money was used completely differently than we use it now?

1 comment:

  1. Or, what if there was a society that didn't even have money and everything was based on trade. That would mean that if you had/ made something people really wanted, you would get more stuff in return.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.