Last week I showed my new green patchwork purse in progress. Now I'm in the home stretch. I should be able to finish this and list it (this one is going to be for sale) soon.
Since I'm going to sell this one, I figured that it would need a lining.
|This is what the inside looks like without a lining.|
Because this purse wasn't made from a simple rectangle, sewing the lining was going to be a bit tricky. So, I traced the purse onto fabric before I sewed the seams of the knitted purse. And then I did the felting.
Felting shrinks the knitted object. I knew this. So, I didn't worry about adding seam allowances. After cutting out the lining, I trimmed it a bit more to even things out. Then I pulled out my sewing machine. The lining was considerably smaller than my unfelted purse.
I felted the purse. I was pleased with how well the purse turned out. And then I went to fit the lining to the purse, and...
Um, yeah. That's not going to work.
I thought I was being clever. I thought I would just be able to insert the lining and sew it down.
Ah well. It's time to get the sewing machine out again.