Monday, October 28, 2024

In Between Days

It's that time again. The between major projects time. I don't know what big thing I want to make next now that I've finished the big thing I've been working on for a while. So, I did a bit of this and a bit of that.

I did some clearing out of my closet, and I found my six-year afghan...

I made this in the '90s. I found the pattern in a magazine. I bought the yarn from WalMart. I thought I'd finish it quickly. But, I got bored and busy with other things, so it became one of those projects that I worked on off and on until I finally finished it. 

I've mentioned it on the blog before, but when I went to look for pictures, I didn't have any. So, when I pulled it out of my closet, I knew I had to take a quick picture before I packed it away again. 

I pulled out some yarn and found patterns, but not much has gotten started. 

I did, however, start making a video. Another one. For my YouTube channel. Considering how long these things take me, don't expect to see it for months, if not a whole year. 

I think this outtake is short enough that I can post it directly here:

I counted the stitches. I was going to transfer some to another needle, but then I dropped the needle. And I decided I could do another take without dropping the needle.

I had a great outtake where I totally dropped a stitch, tried to put it back on the needle, and failed. And failed again. But that one was too long for Blogger without going through YouTube first. Sigh. 

What am I making? I'll tell you when I get the whole video finished. It's nowhere near complete yet.

But I do have a completed video to get uploaded. I'd love to say I'll get to it this week, but who knows? I pledge to have it uploaded by the end of November. (I think I can manage that.) 

5 comments:

  1. The afghan is quite pretty with the stained glass look. Too pretty to pack away again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie: I agree, I like the stained-glass look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the stained-glass look of your afghan too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sewing projects were a success this summer. I'm glad I learned to do it back in the 90's. Colorful spread! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.