Monday, October 21, 2024

Eyeing the Sweater, Modeled

Over a week ago I finished the crocheted eye sweater:

I got it in the mail Tuesday (Monday was a holiday). It arrived Friday. I immediately got a text from Liv. She declared she was obsessed. And of course she included a photo:

(Several of you expressed your hope you'd see it modeled, so here it is.)

She also posted it to Instagram:

And she's asked how much I would charge to make another one. Apparently her friends would like one, too.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

And I never know how much to ask for.

(The yarn alone was about $40. So, more than that. But how much more? How much would you be willing to pay for something like that?)

12 comments:

  1. That sweater looks amazing!
    No wonder Liv’s obsessed! ❤️
    For pricing, I’d say at least $100—cover the yarn and all the time you put into it. Handmade stuff like this is totally worth it! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I'm shocked at the cost of yarn, and time is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! Better than anything in any store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect arm length! I am 5'9" and always had/have a problem with sleeves being long enough, so I notice that! It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specifically asked her how long she wanted the sleeves.

      Delete
  5. A hand-made sweater? With the yarn, that's got to be worth at least eighty dollars. It depends on how many hours it took you to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a little crocheting for pocket change back when I was in college, but I came quickly enough to recognize that you can never charge enough to begin to make up for your time. And this sweater isn't an easy pattern. I think the common pricing wisdom is 2x cost of yarn but in this case perhaps $100 would be more respectful of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just did an collage, and I honestly don't know how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.