Monday, May 6, 2024

More Lights

It turns out that the Christmas lights crochet project is a great take-along project. It may be the only thing I'm working on for a while. At least until I get some other projects started. 

I've made a couple other colors.

I now have ideas for other projects. It's just a matter of starting them. 

Starting consists of finding the yarn (which consists of me digging through boxes and bins of yarn) and/or finding patterns (which consists of me searching online for what I want to make). 

I mean, I could try designing, but that's for when I want to make something specific that I have in mind and I don't figure it'll exist as a pattern somewhere (like when I knit a new purse). 

Decisions, decision, decisions. I have to figure those out first, then I can jump to the starting stuff. And that's where I've been stuck. But my long-term is over, so I might have some more head space in which to consider the problem.

Until then, I can plug away at the Christmas lights. I've got plenty of time to do them before the holiday.

In case you're wondering, the pattern for these lights is here.

24 comments:

  1. They do look colourful. By the time Christmas arrives, there will be a lot more colours, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless something else comes along to take my attention.

      Delete
  2. Those are adorable! They look like something people would buy as a strand or bunch like you show. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll eventually be attached to a "cord". But I'm going to make a bunch more first.

      Delete
  3. I think I've mentioned that whatever is left of the temperature afghan yarn (assuming I finish this year!) may work well with these Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They came out really nice, though the red ones still remind me of strawberries (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really like these. By the way, I'm wearing the fingerless gloves you created. Even in warmer temperatures they pad my palms to decrease wrist stress. And Peppylady's comment made me laugh as a reminder to "Ferris Buehler's Day Off". Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have really gotten a lot of wear out of those gloves. Are you in need of a second pair?

      Delete
  6. These are just delightful, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They indeed look quite colourful. There is plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like them. I think they'd make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice ......great Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice variety of bulbs, I love the mustard one. I'm glad you have found an exciting project to do, and between now and Christmas you'll have time to do a few ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.