Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Starting the Alligator Scarf

School has been back in session since Monday. Subbing jobs, however, have been scarce. It's the after-vacation lull. Things should pick up next week.

I started knitting a new scarf. This one.

I got the pattern a little while ago. I finally had some time to try it out. I grabbed some yarn from my stash and jumped in.

On Sunday I realized that I was not going to have enough yarn to finish. I'm nowhere near the end of the scarf, but I'm just about at the end of the skein. And that's when I started to panic.

I had been to the yarn store last Wednesday. I picked up stuff for another project (on hold while I wait to see the recipient and get her measurements). I saw the yarn that I am using for the alligator scarf. There was one skein left. It looked like it might be a discontinued color.

So, what were the chances that that one skein would still be there now?

Turns out that I was in luck. That skein was still there. Whew! Crisis averted.

I'll work on the alligator scarf until I get the measurements for the other project. I'll finish the scarf eventually. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.