Monday, June 6, 2016

Nothing New to See Here

So, um, yeah. As of this writing, I haven't done much of any work on the gloves from two weeks ago...


(I may have done more on Sunday, but it won't be done in time for me to post it before this post goes live.)

I don't have any good excuse for my lack of progress. Just life, I guess. Maybe next week?

* * *

Since last Monday was a holiday, some of my regular readers didn't see my post. So, I'm reposting from last week. (For those of you who were here last week, I made no significant changes to the rest of this post.)


One month short of a year ago, I shared my sister-in-law's GoFundMe with you all. From that post:
Heather, my sister-in-law, was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in April 2012. She has an aggressive form of MS, and she needs help for her best treatment option... (Go here for the full post.)
That took her to Panama in July of last year. Since then, I've been trying to get her to do another interview to update you all as to her progress, but with one thing and another...

The GoFundMe has been updated this weekend with what's going on right now...
Short version:
Heather’s health has rapidly declined over the past 4 months. She is currently back in Panama getting another round of stem cell treatments. She’s been there for a week and will be down there for a total of 3 weeks.  
Full update:
February was 6 months from the stem cell treatment in Panama. A routine MRI was scheduled to keep tabs on Heather’s progress. When she got a call from her doctor and was asked to come in for the results, we knew there was a problem.  
The MRI showed that she still only had the one lesion on her pituitary gland, but there were indications that something much worse was ahead. What her doctor saw was the precursor to something called Schilder’s disease. This is an extremely rare type of MS that has only been diagnosed in 99 people in 100 years. Heather became number 100... (Go here for the full update.)
If you could share Heather's story with your social networks, they would greatly appreciate it.

18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. That wasn't the news you wanted to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear what you're saying about life happening while you're trying to do something. Sorry about your sister. This has to be one trying time for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as we head into summer things should start to slow down for all of us whose lives were so school centered!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about what's been happening. I only hope the current treatments go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear such sad news. She is one strong lady and it must make her feel bette that she has so much support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She appreciates the outpouring of support, that's for sure.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I shared on my Google+ page. Hopefully she is able to get the funding she needs (and treatment) to beat the doctor's 60 day diagnosis! In the meantime, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oof, that's a really tough road. Sending good thoughts to her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like my usual excuse for not getting things done...life.

    Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, I'll keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it happens to all of us. And thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.