Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Bad Time

Today I had Earth science.  Mostly freshmen.  And I was not in the best mood to begin with.  

4th period was the worst.  I was about ready to explode, but they were completely oblivious.  They kept pushing and pushing.  (I got a chance to talk to a sub who had done a long-term gig with them earlier this year, and she said that 4th period was like that with her too.)  

They were supposed to be watching a video (this one), but many of them were sitting and talking.  One boy who was seated near me kept talking and talking.  I asked him to stop a couple times.  The third time?  He told me he hadn't been talking.  

I just about lost it right then and there.  

I couldn't hit him.  Yelling at him would have only made him laugh.  And I couldn't figure out how to word the referral.  

Of course, this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened.  I let him know that I did not appreciate blatant lies.  And I wrote his name down (students whose names were left were warned they would receive consequences).  


I need a day off from these people.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the SAME frame of mind right now. The end of the school year is so close and yet so far away. For us and for them.

    Should've told him his pants were on fire.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.