Friday, July 24, 2009

Not Feeling It

It's day two of a two day subbing gig. Today's classwork is pretty similar to yesterday's. Yet, yesterday virtually everyone finished the assignment while today practically no one did.

Maybe it's because it's Friday. Yesterday was just so much easier. They worked. Today they talked.

This is the continuation high school, so each assignment is worth a fraction of a credit. With this in mind, the teacher left extra credit assignments for them to work on if they finished their classwork early. They could have earned almost a half a credit these two days (10 credits needed to be done with the class).

One girl finished her assignment. I gave her the extra credit. She gave it back to me. "I don't feel like doing it."

Explains why they ended up at the continuation high school, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.