Friday, May 2, 2008

More Fake Names

Students sometimes borrow classmates' names. I've commented about this before. Remember?

Today I was at the continuation high school. It's a pretty small campus. I'm there all the time. I've picked up a few names...well, maybe more than a few. I know enough of them that I can look at various lists (good ones and bad ones) and picture faces to go along with those names. Yet, they still lie to me about who they are.

For example, I had one boy claim that it wasn't his name on the not-out-of-class list. His name was there, in bold print. Yet, he still tried to get out of class. Uh, no.

Some of the students had make up tests to take. I was passing them out.

"I'm Dean," Eddie said.

"No, you're Eddie," I replied. "Dean is behind you."

"No, really, I'm Dean. Please give me my test," Eddie said.

This argument went on for about a minute more. I was not sure why Eddie wanted to take Dean's test as Dean looked quite willing to take his own test. In the end I gave the test to the real Dean.

I guess I understand why they try these games, but I don't get why they still try them on me after all the times I've subbed their classes. Don't they get it? I know who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.