Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Women Losing Jobs

Why were July's jobs numbers so terrible? Because women are losing jobs. Women lost 32,000 jobs in July while men gained 9,000. 

I guess making America great again means relegating women back to housework. 

Remind me why feminists are the problem. 

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, I had no idea. I read the job loss headline, but not the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das liest sich nicht gut. Dass der Stellenabbau bei euch auf den Frauenschultern ausgetragen wird, ist sehr schlimm. Ich hoffe, dass das hier nicht auch eines Tages passiert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because women belong at home having babies, right? Except we don’t give those women any support, like health care or paid maternity leave or childcare…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew about the job loss. I didn't know that women comprised the majority. It makes sense, sadly. Lack of support for women in the workplace. Increasing non-availability of decently priced child care. Industries that hire a lot of women (who cleaned your motel room the last time you stayed in one?) are cutting jobs. And yes, even the federal job cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thecontemplativecat here. I have no idea. Maybe it is retirement time, a move of some sort, child care?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie here: It's just ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But why? Why are women losing jobs while men are gainint it? I think something opposite is happening in India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The President’s excuse will be that women are becoming men

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely insane! I hope that will change. Happy Wednesaday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.