Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Unsurprising Turn of Events

Just a little post today to link to an article: Opinion | Executive Order on Vaccines Bypasses Evidence-Based Process That Has Kept Kids Safe.

If I had more time, I'd spend it writing a longer post bemoaning the anti-vaxxers. I might even have pondered the anti-science people and how the regime is pandering to them (although, I think many of them believe some of this stuff). There are studies that show right-wingers are more likely to react to things from a position of fear, and the whole anti-vaccination push feeds into those fears. 

I have such high hopes for myself when it comes to writing Tuesday blog posts, and then when it's time to write the post, I chicken out. Maybe next week? 

I might be a bit scarce this week as school started, and, well, I have a feeling this week is going to be kind of busy for me. Explanations should be forthcoming next week.

17 comments:

  1. I don’t need to read the article to know that the anti vaxxers are crazy and that they’re putting children at risjk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, absolute madness. RFK jr is not a doctor. Trump is not a doctor. No one should listen to them about health. Or anything else really…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting the country's health back decades. I think anti-vaxxers are at the age where they never got sick because they got vaccines. They got vaccines because their parents got sick. I know I got sick. My children got vaccines. Now they know better than to be anti-vaxxers! But, growing up with no mumps, measles, chickenpox, etc. they think those are gone for good. Small pox was eradicated (in nature) worldwide due to vaccines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am old enough to remember some of the relief when the polio vaccine was released. Children react to the fears of their parents even when the parents try to hide the fear from them. And I can remember lining up in a gym to receive the jab. It may have been 1956. How far we have gone....backwards since then. People forget or don't care how but we who lived through it do. And now, a case of measles was reported this week in the next county over from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some anti-vaxxers during Covid-19 were nurses! Enough said. Get the vaccine, for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do anti vaxxers really not realize that a lot of the illness of the past are gone or almost gone because people got vaccinated?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can't be silent in the face of these powerful anti-vaxxers

    ReplyDelete
  8. thecontemplativecat here. My daughter started this year with her new junior and seniors. I expect I won't see her for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7th graders. I can't seem to escape the 7th graders.

      Delete
  9. All the best for the new session at school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Science and evidence should matter, especially when children’s health is involved. Best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just don't understand these morons who don't vaccinate. They need to be reminded about polio, small pox, whooping cough, diptheria, and on and on....Due to their negligence, one is seeing a rise in some of these illnesses

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's filtered into the cat rescue world too, the anti vax thing. When cats and kittens can be spared the awfulness of death by distemper with one or two vaccines. It is a preventible affliction. The vaccines are cheap too, can even be bought at feed stores.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita Joy writing... we have anti-vaxxers here, but luckily our health system is pro-vax in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.