Monday, July 6, 2026

Vacation Crochet

Last week I made the decision (while writing last Monday's post) to rip out that second side and start over. I got it fully frogged and restarted when it was finally time to leave. And while I did some work on it on the plane, I'm not quite to where it was before I ripped it out. 

(Sorry about the background. I did not pack my off-white fabric that I use for photos.) 

Ta-da! Flat. 

Of course, I ended up ripping it back a bit on the first leg of my flight. And when I arrived. But I've still made some solid progress. 

Now I'm eyeing the first side...

I may rip it back a couple rounds. I'm not sure. I'll see how it goes. 

My sister-in-law is impressed with it thus far. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it sweater-shaped, but that's not at issue at the moment. Getting this oval to lie flat is. But at least I got some good feedback. 

My crochet companions so far have been Shadow...

...who became fascinated with the yarn and leapt on it (and on me). I yelped and jumped. His claws were out, but he didn't scratch me. 

And then there was Delilah...

...who basically just wants attention. 

I haven't gotten pictures of Winter or Calliope (the other cats) or Artemis (the other dog) yet. It's been a timing thing. 

So, sort of progress, but since I'm out of town and not on my usual schedule, I don't know how much I'm actually going to accomplish. But hey, I didn't leave it at home, so it will be more than if I had left the yarn behind. 

The Reluctant Sweater: 

25 comments:

  1. So, the frogging was a good decision. I'm sure you'll make the right decision on the original piece. This is turning out to be quite the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow looks just like my Inky! 🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Shadow is a beautiful cat. They can't resist yarn, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow can't, anyway. Winter is more interested in hair.

      Delete
  4. Shadow and Delilah are adorable! Congratulations on the "flattening".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadow is so sleek and mysterious. Delilah looks like me these days---unmotivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is, Delilah is usually in my face, jumping on me, and wanting attention. The moment I could take a picture, she couldn't be bothered to move. Sigh.

      Delete
  6. I look forward to more pet photos! Of course Shadow had to get in the thick of it, what cat doesn't interfere?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable companions. :) Travel home safe, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. However, I'm here another week. I should come by and visit you as I'm just about in your neck of the woods ;)

      Delete
  8. Your little furry companions are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll have a lot of new furry friends by the time you leave. Delilah looks like a British pig. (Her coloring.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And her shape, too. She's very much a roly-poly critter.

      Delete
  10. That really is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coincidentally, Shadow is the name of our neighbour's cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shadow? A cat named Shadow? Where have I heard that before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. But it may come to us later...

      Delete
  13. This is Birgit and loving the design and colour. Love tht pussy ct…so sweet

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.