Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Immigration Enforcement Database

While I was out of town, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents killed some more people. Because that's what they do now. Kill people. 

Via my Member of Congress: "Fear does not secure our border. Violence does not secure our border. Terrorizing our communities does not secure our border."

There's a list of all the terrible things they've done here. There's also a place to report instances of misconduct if you've witnessed any. (I believe I've linked to this resource before, but it bears repeating.) 

We need to keep pushing. Keep witnessing. Keep protesting. 

Someday we'll (as a nation) regain our sanity, and those responsible must be held accountable. Right now all we can do is keep the records. The records will be needed later. 

(I have to believe that the records will be needed later.) 

Let people know about the Immigration Enforcement Database. The more people who know about it, the more useful it'll be. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! All I hear on the news is Rump placing more tariffs on us Canadians because of the smoke we had no control over. This should be, loudly, in the news!! Finally I did the Pink quizzes...I got 16 out of 18. When I tried to do the quizzes on my laptop I would get a macafee wanting to download or an ad taking over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had ICE sightings in our town this week, it's all so scary and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ice people have been busy in my community the last two weeks. Meanwhile, Indivisible and other activists have been out protesting the serious shortage of affordable housing after a fire at a motel used as a housing shelter killed six, including several children (it made national news so you may have heard about it) just down the road from me. It's overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even watch the news anymore because of all the bad news.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.