Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Oft Repeated Phrases


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements. ðŸ˜‰

OK, so, the other day I noticed how often I preface a story with these words: "a blogger I follow". And it got me thinking...

What if your life was made into a drinking game? What phrase(s) would trigger a drink?

16 comments:

  1. Can just one word count? If so it would be "cool". A lot of drinks would be taken though......

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. We'd all be drunk in thirty minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment, 'Laurie did...', 'can I change your nappy?', and 'boo-bah'. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I don't want to drink, a phrase hardly used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to ask my hubby what word I say the most haha I'm not quite sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I've pointed it out, you'll catch yourself saying something over and over and over again.

      Delete
  6. "Cancer." It's not really a phrase, but I it is uttered so often that at least I could get a good buzz every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. I'm so sorry that that's true for you. (I was hoping for a much more fun phrase ;)

      Delete
  7. “Sugar, beehive” when I am trying not to swear otherwise, pick a swear word except the one that ends in Tuesday...I despise that word.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good one! Let's see: Book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say "book" a lot? In this corner of the blogosphere? You don't say?

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.