Saturday, December 8, 2007

In Between

I have not discussed my knitting yet. That's because I've been underneath a beast of a project, and I didn't want to get into a moan and groan session about it. But I'm now doing a happy dance--yesterday I finished it!

It was a Christmas present (I was beginning to wonder if I'd get it done in time), so I'm not going to say too much more about it. But to divert myself (as the beast got to me and I needed something else to knit to keep my interest) I was also working on a scarf. And I went and finished that today.

The scarf is the standard garter stitch number. However, I knit it lengthwise rather than widthwise, so I didn't have very many rows, but those rows were long. I switched yarn every few rows making it stripey. And the first and last seven stitches of the last row I dropped making instant fringe (in the colors that corresponded to the stripe I was on). It's cute.

But no happy dance. I'm currently between projects. This is where I scream.

Christmas is fast approaching. I have a couple other projects I want to get to (though I wonder how much I'll actually get done). However, it's kind of late in the day to start a new project, so I get to spend the rest of the night actually watching the TV (as opposed to listening to it while working on my knitting).

My fingers are already starting to itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.