Tuesday, July 7, 2026

AI Chatbots

I am currently out of town visiting my brother and his family. I wrote all my blog posts for the time I'd be away ahead of time. That's been easy for everything except my "current events" day, or the day I scream into the void about how angry I am about the latest outrage. 

So, for today I'm just posting an episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. This episode is from May, and it's about AI Chatbots. 

Scary stuff, isn't it? (I'm still around visiting blogs. I'm not out in the wilderness or anything.) 

16 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a great time visiting your brother. I avoid the chatbots, but I'm probably not the target. I hate to admit, for returns or quick interactions they are helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they work for that, great. I don't have good experiences with dealing with companies for anything, so if they improve that process, great.

      Delete
  2. I never use chatbots, but I do like AI for specific searches. I use the Microsoft one, Copilot a lot for identifying stamps and details of items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use chatbots. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are seeing the creation of a dystopia. It's no longer just a genre of literature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used any of the chat bots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AI chatbots can feel useful one moment and unsettling the next. Thanks for sharing while you’re away, Liz, and enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. I'd love to ask Satan what he is planning for our present leaders like Trump, Modi, Putin, Netanyahu, and Jinping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried out chatbots. What I have figured out is if you are good, it'll be good to you; if you are bad, it'll be bad to you. It's just programmed stuff, not to be relied on completely.
    Hope you are having a good time with you brother and family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AI is scary, it can be a useful tool but it can also lead to all sorts of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are having. Good time with your brother et al. I have no clue what a chat box is. I love John Oliver who is quite funny and highly intelligent, he just appeared on my soap, “General Hospital!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he was so excited about that. On his last episode he promoted his soap appearances. He did a whole bit on that a few weeks back as well.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.