Saturday, December 11, 2010

Time for the Christmas List

My favorite Christmas movie is on next week.

My favorite Christmas movie is a TV movie from 1997 called The Christmas List.  It's been on every year since, but it's been getting harder and harder to find.  I know why.  It's now 13 years old.

They come out with new Christmas movies every year.  I understand the desire to promote the new.  But they haven't come out with a movie that has surpassed it (in my opinion).

I'm not sure why it connected with me so.  Perhaps it was because that Christmas season I was still working in retail (although my retail reality was a far cry from the movie's).  Perhaps I like the idea of a wish list where all the wishes come true (albeit not in the way expected).  Or perhaps it's because it was a sweet movie in a time where I needed to see a little sweetness.

The movie played on a broadcast network initially (I forget which).  In the past few years, it made its way to ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas.  But they've been phasing it out.  It used to play a couple of times during the season.  This year, it's only on once--Wednesday, December 15th at 4 AM.  Yep, 4 AM (that's Pacific time, but still early at 7 AM on the east coast).

That's what the DVR is for, right?

I guess it's time to find it on DVD.  Is it even on DVD?

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas List? I've never heard of it until now. There aren't too many Christmas movies I like.

    It's no longer available on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-List-Mimi-Rogers/dp/B00005JOSA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292164315&sr=8-2

    And I couldn't find it on ebay. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from KarenG's blog (Coming Down the Mountain) to meet you. I hope you'll come over and meet me and my disabled daughter. I'm a writer with a memoir about to be published by a small press.

    What a colorful blog you've created! It's lovely.

    The Christmas List. I'll have to look that one up. My favorite and my daughter's favorite is It's A Wonderful Life. I also love Christmas Story, in my view a classic.

    You can find almost anything on DVD. And yes, that's what DVRs are for!! What an awesome world with live in. So many good things we can access.
    Ann Best, Long Journey Home

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.