I went today. The pickings were pretty slim. I guess people were out taking advantage of the after Christmas sales over the weekend.
From what calendars were left, I deduced:
- Apparently, busy moms don't buy planners. There were many "busy mom" calendars and planners on the shelves. I guess moms are too busy to buy planners.
- However, other planners were popular, as I didn't find much of a selection of those (and I was looking for a good planner--that's how I keep track of my subbing schedule).
- Animal lovers weren't out in force either. I saw a whole rack of cat, dog, bird, horse, and other animal calendars. If there were that many left over...
- But I didn't find the usual bunch of castle and scenery calendars. Sigh. That's what I wanted.
- There were a bunch of Harry Potter calendars. I guess he's fallen from popularity.
Since I wait until now to go, I'm fine with choosing from what's left over. I'm satisfied with my choices.
The other thing--the shelves were a mess. I'm glad I wasn't shopping there this past weekend. It must have been a madhouse.