Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chocolate Ice Cream

Yeah, it's winter. This is not the time to be talking about ice cream. But I'm going to anyway. I haven't been working, so it's this or nothing.

I'm not a big fan of Food Network, but I do like the show Good Eats (and I was happy to hear that Alton Brown's contract has been renewed for another 3 years). Occasionally I try some of the recipes, and they usually turn out pretty well. And so when he did his premium ice cream episode, I was drooling. I had to try it.

My first attempt was a fiasco.

So, I dreamed of another ice cream freezer. I found one that I liked, and I asked for it for Christmas. And I got it.

I made the recipe on Saturday. I put it into the freezer on Sunday. And the freezer worked like a dream. It was supposed to take 20-30 minutes, but it only took 10.

I've been enjoying the ice cream for a couple days now. It is so smooth. It is so chocolaty. It's so nice when things work like they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.