Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Versatile Blogger Award

VR Barkowski awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award last week. (Thank you. I'm so honored.)

p.txt

As is the usual procedure, there are a few things that go along with this:
  • Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to her blog.
  • Reveal seven (7) little known facts about yourself.
  • Nominate others for the award.
Little known facts? Yikes. I don't think there's very much that's little known. I'm pretty boring. Hmmm...
  1. At the moment, I have three different stories that I'm working on. Some days I'll spend some time on two different ones. Others I'll only work on one. But I've made progress on all three within the last week.
  2. One of the stories is my first novel. I'm rewriting it. Again. But this time I think it's going to work.
  3. I only listen to music when I'm in my car, when I have to set an alarm in the morning (I wake to music), or while I'm getting ready for work. 
  4. Because of this, I know next to nothing about the current bands that are popular now. I may know a song that I like, but I'll have no idea what its title is or who sings it. 
  5. Which is totally funny, as I practically minored in music in college. Really. I was something like two classes short. I did music theory, music history, and I played in band the entire time I was there. 
  6. I still have my oboe. I haven't touched it since I graduated, though. 
  7. At the moment, my first novel has a scene where the characters go to a concert. And for some strange reason, I can't get it to work.  
As for nominees, I'm going to do what I always do. If you're reading this post, consider yourself awarded.

5 comments:

  1. I used to play the oboe. I never owned one, always used the school's, so I haven't played in a very long time. I would be a complete disaster at it now.

    Best of luck with your first novel rewrite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have satellite radio in our truck and I loved it. Wherever we traveled the radio stations stayed the same. But once we settled down and got off of the road, we canceled our subscription and I have to rely on regular radio. I'm having a hard time finding radio stations I like and music that I like. I like some of the softer pop music out now like by the Lumineers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another award? Well deserved, of course.

    I used to play the clarinet when I was in school. If I ever get out to California, we'll have to dust our instruments off and jam :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commented on your lovely post a few days ago Liz, but I see it is not here!!!! anyway just to say a great post and well done for the award. Great to learn a little more about you thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-out, Liz. :)

    I also used to play clarinet. Apparently this is a very woodwind-centered group! I adore music and sometimes use it as background when I cook or clean, but I absolutely can't listen while I'm writing. I get too involved in the music to concentrate on the story at hand.

    VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.