Thursday, October 7, 2010

Free Write

I've been sitting here, staring at the computer, trying to figure out what to write about.  I had one of those days.  It was one of those days where not a heck of a lot happened, and while that's good for me while it's happening, it really doesn't help the blog out all that much.

The class was English (with one period of business math).  Special Ed.  For two periods I had seniors.  Their assignment was to write a page in their journals.  It was a free write, so they could pick any topic.

Of course, they couldn't think of a topic, so I offered up ideas.  Homecoming is this week.  Halloween is this month.  We've had crazy weather over the course of two weeks.  These were my first ideas.  They weren't going for them.

I was kind of surprised at the lackluster reception of the homecoming topic.  They voted for king and queen today, and one of the king candidates was in class.

Eventually, they all figured out something to write about, and the class went silent.  And my biggest issue was staying awake.

I have the same group tomorrow (the teacher is proctoring tests--gee, they have a lot tests, don't they?).  Maybe someone will say something interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.