Thursday, January 31, 2008

Still Hands

I must be getting better. My knitting is calling to me.

I haven't knit a stitch in nearly two weeks. For someone whose hands tend to itch when inactive, two weeks of stillness is notable. But I haven't felt the loss. In fact, I've barely noticed it at all.

But yesterday I started to notice. I picked up one of my projects just to touch it. I felt the soft yarn under my fingers. And then I put it right back down. I got busy with other things.

Right now I'm watching a senior English class take its final, and I'm imagining a strand of yarn weaving in and out of my left hand. And I'm remembering that since I got this cold (flu?) I have not knit anything.

I miss it. Finally. I must be on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.