My current* congressman sent out a fundraising email and referenced a threat to vote-by-mail. Via NPR:
The U.S. Postal Service could "derail" the midterm election if it continues rushing out "untested" technology as part of President Trump's push to restrict mail-in voting, a newly released whistleblower report warns.
With voting by mail for the midterms set to officially start this week, key parts of the USPS plan for carrying out Trump's directives, including requirements for states to comply, remain blocked for now by a court order in the legal fight over the president's executive order.
Still, the mailing agency has been preparing for months to launch an online portal that would allow state election officials to submit absentee voters' names and ballot envelope barcodes required by the now-blocked rule.
This is worrying in California as they mail us all mail-in ballots. I have really enjoyed this convenience. Because of course they want to break all the good things that we have.
People are fighting back, and hopefully these new rules won't be implemented this year. It's all about making new rules to break the system. They claim it's to prevent voter fraud, but voter fraud is such a minor problem. It's just an excuse.
So, pay attention if you're doing vote-by-mail. They want to disenfranchise you. Don't let them.
*After this election he'll be my former congressman as the redistricting puts me in a different district.

It's all so stupid. I've walked mine down to the ballot box the last few times. I'm just going to continue that, luckily it's not far.
ReplyDeleteJamie here: I too, have dropped my mail-in ballots at a local ballot box (There is one near our county library). I read somewhere that they should not be sent in the mail.
ReplyDeleteI’m going to drop mine in a ballot box this time. The USPS sucks!
ReplyDelete