Monday, September 7, 2026

A New Beginning

The reluctant sweater is kind of on a break, and I haven't had the time and space to continue the ugly slippers video, so I did what any reasonable person would do. I started a new project. 

No, I'm not going to tell you what it is. As I'm working it backwards (kind of), I'm not expecting anyone to have any idea, either. 

I should be in more of an explain-y mood next week. At which point there should be more to see. Maybe. 

24 comments:

  1. Fun! I can’t wait to see what this becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, yes just start something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz - glad you've made a decision ... always helps - good luck with it ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't figure it out, hopefully we get more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even begin to guess! Working backwards? That reminds me of a Jeffery Deaver novel, The October List. It's written backwards. That is, it moves backwards in time. Even though you know how it ends, or begins, it helps to read it more than once! It's very good if you like mysteries. It's a stand alone not like this other work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memento (the movie) worked backwards as well.

      Delete
  6. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stuffed animal. Not working on the body yet, you are making smaller body parts. Makes me recall a giraffe I started to crochet, and gave up on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it occurred to me that making the bits after the main body annoys me. Once the body is done, I want to assemble. So, why not do the bits first?

      Delete
  8. Hi Liz, whatever you are making, I bet it is going to be fantastic! I hope you are doing well, dear friend. Have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great, Liz! You and I were commenting on one another's blogs at the same time! How nice! Yes, thanks to your help and encouragement, I was able to implement the email feature on my blog...and it was quite easy! A heartfelt thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it will become a stuffed mouse. I see a lot of crochet animal projects online these days. Seems trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita Joy here...I tried to log in again and this time got a screen that said congratulations I was logged in and now commenting through my blogger account. It brought me back here and to square one again. Sigh. Anyway, no idea what you are going to make but I'm sure it will be a great project. I saw a really cool project today - a book cover. It was kinda like a giant envelope for a book that fitted it perfectly and where the "flap" of the envelope goes it buttoned down. I thought that would be perfect for a gift. Just need to find a pattern (it was a picture a friend sent me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made something like that for my ereader once. It's in the way back files... (2019: https://lawsofgravity.blogspot.com/2019/12/cyber-monday.html)

      It sounds like you got caught in that logging in loop that the AI talked about (https://lawsofgravity.blogspot.com/2026/08/for-commenting-profile-that-wont-stick.html). Sorry.

      Delete
  12. Another new project, I can’t wait to see what it is

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm curious to find out what it is. I need to get back into my crocheting. I haven't picked it up since about May. I get too busy with yard work projects.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.