Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trapped

I was back at the continuation high school today. As I walked in the door Princess greeted me with, "Oh no, you can't sub here today." Apparently my reference to her in that note got back to her, and it offended her. Oh well.

Luckily, I didn't have Princess in class today. I had a self-contained class (the "bad" kids). The day went better than I thought it would (not ideal, but we got something done). The best part of the assignment--the teacher got done two hours early. Nice!

The teacher's prep periods were 6th and 7th. She normally uses those periods for preparation. But I'm a sub--I don't need to prepare. So, I get to go home early.

I headed up to the office to check out, and the secretary had gone to lunch. 10 minutes prior. And my time sheet wasn't done.

We have to carry our time sheets with us (this district might do this differently from others). Each day we give our time sheets to the site secretary, and during the day she inputs the day's hours on the sheet. At the end of the pay period we turn this into the district. No time sheet, no paycheck. So, it's vital to get the thing back at the end of the day.

Well, there was nothing to do; I had to wait. I checked my email. I ate my lunch. And I called the sub caller (good news: she found someone else to do an assignment that I just knew was going to turn into a long-term thing, and I did not want to get stuck with it). About an hour later, the secretary got back. And I was free to go.

I really shouldn't complain. I still got to leave an hour before the end of the school day. That's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.