I had it in my head that the smallish project I started last week would be done by now. Alas, no. I basically did not touch it until Saturday. I added two more pieces to the pile.
Feet...
Alana nailed it in the comments last week. This, when all is said and done, will be a raven. The pattern is here.
I wasn't very loquacious last week--I didn't want to talk about it. But my world has cooled off, and I can think again, so I'll explain my reasoning.
Generally, when one does amigurumi, one does the body first, and then makes the little bits that get attached. But, because I was using this as a take along project (and I didn't want to carry stuffing), I decided to do it backwards.
This has the extra added bonus of when I do actually complete the body, I'll have done the bits and bobs already, so all I'll have to do then is assemble. I don't know if it'll make things easier for me, but maybe.
Why am I making a raven? It's a birthday present. So, there's a deadline. But as long as it doesn't heat up this week, I should be okay. Fingers crossed.
I can't wait to see finished product!
ReplyDeleteNeither can I ;)
DeleteA raven will be cool.
ReplyDeleteA raven! 🐦⬛ Can’t wait!
ReplyDeleteRavens are COOL!
ReplyDeleteYes, I think it's a bonus because there are often lots of little parts to crochet after the body. A raven sounds like a cool present.
ReplyDeleteHappy to be of help, lol. I briefly read the pattern - years ago I would have been immediately starting to work on it as a bird lover. Now, it would be more daunting. Rows 13 and 14 of he head/body confused me, too. Looks like (reading the comments) I wasn't the only one.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thank you for the shout out.
DeleteIt looks like (I haven't gotten there yet) that it's just a matter of adding in a chain and then crocheting up and down that chain, to add length, sort of. I think it'll work once I get there.
DeleteI do like ravens.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love ravens, Liz!
ReplyDeleteThat's going to be great! I too love ravens!
ReplyDeleteYou make me wonder something. When the Lord invented people, did he start with the feet so he could do them standing up, or start with the head and work his way down?
ReplyDeleteMaking a raven in reverse is such a clever way to keep it portable without dragging around bags of stuffing!
ReplyDelete