Monday, July 3, 2017

Currently

I have a few projects on the needles/hook. Unfortunately, they aren't of the interesting variety.

In the finished file...


In case you don't recognize it, it holds my ereader...


And the only reason I made it is because I want to update my pattern photos. Because they suck, and have sucked for a long time. Now I just need to figure out a good background and hopefully get some good shots of it.

The next thing on the needles is just a swatch at the moment...


The pattern is called Mermaid Mesh. It's for something for my in person selling booth, and when I have that finished, I'll show you. Hopefully, it'll turn out as I envision it.

And finally...


This is just a simple crocheted lattice thing. Which was made to do the same job as the Mermaid Mesh thing. I've changed my mind, and this might no longer be needed. We'll see.

I suppose I should pull out Halloween patterns. (I want to make myself an orange mask.) Now would be a good time to start Christmas knitting. But I'm just not feeling it.

So when I start panicking about not having enough time to finish something, you all can point me back to this post. Because that will be all my own doing.

21 comments:

  1. I'm interested in seeing that orange Halloween mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever make it, it'll definitely be posted on the blog.

      Delete
  2. I love the look of that Mermaid Mesh pattern. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the Mermaid Mesh. Looking forward to see what it turns into. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it works out, I'll post it on the blog.

      Delete
  4. You do nice work. As for procrastinating, artists can only do what feels right. ~nods~ Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the Mermaid mesh and the lattice work are groovy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really nice! And that reminds me, my mom totally loves the e-reader holder you made. She uses it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the mermaid mesh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the Mermaid stitches. Very nice. Can't wait to see what you do with that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its just too soon to think about Christmas :) But I know in your business you need to :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not feeling anything remotely to do with Halloween or Christmas, so I can't blame you. It'll all come together in time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, you are keeping us on the edge and am looking forward to the finished product. Like to see your Halloween mask. I'm behind in Christmas card making and need to make a few

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I'm in the yarn store I look at the orange thread, and I resist buying it. Maybe eventually...

      Delete
  12. Taking pictures of crafts is hard. The colors never come out good in pictures for me. I got this light box thing to use that was supposed to help, but I couldn't figure out how to place the lights and everything turned out dull and gray. ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen how to make light boxes on Pinterest. Lighting is one of my huge issues. Stop by on Monday to help me pick out the best photos (or tell me to start over) :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.