Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Ignorant

What's going on in the world? No, seriously, I'm asking. Last week I got buried with back to school, and I have no idea what the idiots got up to. 

This got me thinking, though. This must be what it's like to be a low-information voter. One of the blissfully ignorant multitudes who have been going through life not watching everything we ever believed about our country crumbling around us. 

And I wondered how we reach those people. How do we wake them up to what's happening? 

We can't be overt about it. If they wanted to pay attention, they would. But can we be sneaky? Can we just slip things into conversation in such a way that they're not aware we're trying to wake them up? Can we mention things in passing that would shock them? And when they disbelieve, we can let them know that they just have not been paying attention. 

I don't know. Is it even worth the effort? 

But it is kind of nice to not be aware of all the shenanigans, just for a little while. It'll be there once I'm out from under the back to school crush. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, the true Maga morons will never wise up. Tell them to put on purple running shoes and drink some kool-aid and they will. They have to be reprogrammed. You have others who are just as evil as Rump. Look what he wanted from Canada! I am so proud of Mark Carney and his speech. Trump wants to get rid of the French language!! He wants to rape Canada and get rid of all we hold dear like our health care. All I have to do is show my health card and that's it! I pray that, even with all the manipulation he has done to control the votes, he will lose. He should not be running again and I don't understand why and how he gets away with everything. I shake my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've completely given up. It's too much corruption and greed, I can't take it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gets me is the complete disregard of evidence. Measles cases are surging since Bobby Jr and Trump began their war on vaccines. But does the cult consider this at all? Nope. They either blame “immigrants” or ignore the data entirely. Same with every other stupid thing Trump says…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Former coworker and I reconnected on Facebook. She’s a smart woman. Our line of work is very evidence-oriented, critical thinking skills a must. She checked those attributes at tge door when she retired.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.