Friday, September 14, 2007

Newbie

Myspace is really beginning to annoy me.

I had wanted to start a blog for a while. A couple people I knew had one. And as I was in the habit of writing anyway, I thought that it would be fun. But starting, that was the issue.

So, I hemmed and hawed about it for a while. I plotted and I planned. But nothing came of it. Then my brother introduced me to myspace...

After exploring that for a while, I discovered that myspace had a blog feature. Well, I'd wanted to start a blog anyway, so that made it easy. And for the last year or so, I posted fairly regularly.

But I've reached my limit.

First it was little things. I'd write something, spend time composing it and getting it just right, and then I'd try to post it, and POOF! Gone. That was annoying, especially after attempting to post something two or three (or more!) times. But I could handle that. And it didn't happen that frequently.

Now, though, it's gotten worse. The formatting sort of vanished. One day I got onto the blog and discovered that my date formatting was different. Okay, no big deal, I went back in and fixed it. But it wouldn't fix! And the font size was too small and other options wouldn't do what I wanted them to do (and I went in to fix them numerous times).

That's annoying. Actually, that's more than annoying. That's reason enough to jump ship.

So, here I am, finally. I meant to do this for the longest time, and now I've finally done it. See, the myspace blog was the trainer. I always meant to come over here. I just needed a push. So, I suppose I should thank myspace for that push. I should, but I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.