I'm a little further along on the second side of the sweater:
For comparison, last week:
And the week before that:
And before this I had ripped the whole thing out and started over. So, I've made decent progress.
Now I have some decisions to make. It's almost back to the size of the first side:
And, as I mentioned last week, sister-in-law doesn't remember exactly what she asked me for, so I have a little lot of leeway in how I put this thing together.
The first thing I need to do is to get the second side as big as the first. Then, it's a question of how much bigger, or do I start to square it all off?
What would be really helpful would be a working day where the kiddos have plenty of work to do, and I have paper and a pencil to sketch ideas. Alas, it's still summer. So, I might get these ovals to about the size I want and then get stuck for a bit.
This Christmas present is already seven months late, so what's another month or two? (Her birthday's the end of September, so no one mention how it could become a future gift. Those deadlines would just unnerve me.)
The Reluctant Sweater:
It’s really coming along!
ReplyDeleteThe more frequently I see this sweater, the more it grows on me. Well done!
ReplyDeleteHopefully it looks good as a sweater. We'll see...
DeleteThere's always this Christmas, especially since she doesn't remember!
ReplyDeleteI reminded her when I showed her what was done thus far. But NO DEADLINES! Yes, even Christmas is too close.
DeleteIt looks like you've been making a lot of progress.
ReplyDeleteI have.
DeleteWell, hmm, here we have a second side which is less wrinkled than the first side. No, I'm not suggesting. you frog and redo the first side. I have faith that you will come up with a solution. And once you do, you can make a You Tube video on what to do if this happens to you (the You Tube viewer). Maybe there's already a solution on You Tube.
ReplyDeleteIt has been a while since I made a video for my channel. I am way overdue.
DeleteThis is looking good!
ReplyDeleteReluctant Sweater! Good name. 😊
ReplyDeleteI can really see all the progress you're making.
ReplyDelete