Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Pregnancy Danger

Abortion bans kill women. 

I stumbled upon a thread in Bluesky last week about how the rate of ectopic pregnancy deaths had more than doubled in recent years. TL;DR: Abortion bans are at least partially to blame. There was an article in ProPublica all about it

Pregnancy can be dangerous anyway. Abortion bans make it worse. 

But that's what a certain segment of the population wants, and the regime is pandering to them. It's in the authoritarian playbook. Control women. If it kills them, so what? So long as the men keep their power. 

So, let's have the EPA test for abortion pills in the water. It's not like there's anything else they need to do. *stares meaningfully* 

Maybe I'll write postcards to swing districts. It's something, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I have two daughters in their 30’s. I am scared for them even though we live in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is in her 30s as well. We were talking about the general dangers of pregnancy, as well as the current deaths due to abortion bans just last week. The women who tell their stories of ectopic pregnancies, and the dead fetuses they are forced to keep inside for weeks to undergo test after test to verify they are really dead, is heartbreaking and unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ectopic pregnancies - years ago, when I lived in Kansas and things were still sane, a friend was pregnant with her first child. At work one day, she started to hemorrhage. A co worker called an ambulance. She nearly died. Ectopic pregnancy. How did we get to today? (yes we know) And how can people get away with telling women these pregnancies are survivable for either fetus or mother?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.