Monday, July 27, 2026

Summer Crochet

I'm wilting. 

I have not been dealing with the summer heat all that well. Terribly, in fact. The thing is, it's not truly that hot. So, I don't have much sympathy for myself here. 

(We've been in the upper 80s and lower 90s. Fahrenheit, of course. Mostly 80s. I mean, if we were spending a lot of time in the 90s and getting into the 100s, then I could understand. But this is pretty standard summer here, so why it's bothering me so much is also annoying me.) 

Which is to say that I'm not making loads of progress on the crochet front. Although, considering the time of year and what I'm normally getting accomplished right about now, I'm positively industrious. 

I added a couple rounds to the first side: 

and a few more rounds to the second: 

Right now they're practically the same size (which is why the first side got some more rounds). They're both wavy, but I think a couple rounds of no increases will tame that out of them a bit. I've decided that they're not wavy enough for me to rip them out again. 

I've gotten to the point where I'm just adjusting every round. I lay it flat. Look at it. And decide if it's feeling ruffly. Then it gets an "even round" (no increases). If it feels flat and the round I just did is curling up, then it gets an "increase round" (I increase every X number of stitches--X is one more than the last "increase round" I did). 

I've decided that since this is going to be for a woman, and women have curves, the bit of ruffle is just so that it'll conform to her curves. 

So, that's where I'm at now. It's going to be slow going for a bit. But then I'll hit the point where it's as big as it needs to get, and then things will get interesting. I hope.

I hope things aren't blazing hot where you are. Ah, the joys of summer. 

The Reluctant Sweater: 

3 comments:


  1. Don't wilt. At least, I'm an admirer of your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! I don't mind any type of weather, fortunately :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it the humidity? We had a couple days with higher humidity and it really zapped me.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.