Pages

▼

Monday, October 5, 2026

In Process

Since sending off the raven, I haven't done much of anything. 

When I wrote last week's post, the tracking on the raven said it would arrive on Wednesday. Then, on Monday, the tracking updated to arriving on Monday, which it then did do. So, sister-in-law received her birthday present a day early instead of a day late. Woo-hoo!

But before that I managed to finish knitting the ugly slippers on camera. Proof: 

Is the video done? Of course not. 

I still have a couple bits to film. I have sent the good clips (read: I eliminated the bloopers) to my brother for editing. I won't have the opening to do any filming until next weekend, though. 

These slippers aren't entirely finished, though. I usually go around the edge there and add a crochet finishing touch. I thought I'd do a separate video about that. Not really whole video worthy, but I'm out of ideas. 

Which leads to today's question for you all. I know most of you aren't knitters or crocheters, but maybe you have an idea. What should I make next on camera? (My YouTube channel is here, so you can see what I've already done.) I haven't designed anything new in ages, and I have nothing I'm burning to make. 

Oh, and does anyone want a pair of ugly slippers? These fit my feet. (I wear size 10, double wide.) 

25 comments:

  1. I like the ugly slippers: they remind me of shoes worn in Venice (and probably elsewhere) in the 1700s. But they still make them now. https://www.veravenezia.com/shopping/shopping-scarpe-frioulane-venezia.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that style before. Not so much on people in real life, but definitely I've seen images.

      Delete
  2. Maybe something that makes good Christmas presents, a stuffed animal? Idk lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be cool. I'm terrible at designing them, though.

      Delete
  3. I don't think they're ugly at all! How do they feel to wear though? I have a problem wearing things like that if I can feel stitches when I walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially I feel the knitting, but my feet get accustomed to the feeling quickly. If your feet are sensitive to textures, yeah, you'll probably feel it.

      Delete
  4. Mir gefallen die Hausschuhe. sie sehen warm und gemütlich aus. Vielleicht hast du Lust Socken zu stricken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a cooking or baking vid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about a tote bag with both handles and a cross body strap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the raven got there a day early instead of a day late. I'm no knitter, but a short video on the crochet edge sounds fine to me, the little finishing steps are often the part people want to see. Good luck with the filming next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita Joy writing: What about fingerless gloves? You're going into winter aren't you? Practical as well :) (but maybe crochet so then I can make them too 🙏)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. As for "going into winter", it was 101F here today (that's about 38C). I wish we were going into winter sometime soon.

      Delete
  9. Lol. I don’t think they’re ugly!

    As far as what to do next, I like the idea of a tote bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your slippers are perfect! I like the idea of socks, or leg warmers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.