I did not do a whole lot of crocheting last week, but I did do a bit of math. Decisions were made. I've decided that side one is the back...
...and it's about an inch away from the oval being complete. That's one more round (maybe two).
Which means that side two is the front.
It's not quite as far along as the back, so it's going to need at least two, maybe three or four, more rounds. (Working both sides at the same time was definitely the right call.)Yes, both sides are a bit wavy, but not nearly as bad as they could be, and I think they'll flatten out as the sweater is worn. That is, I'm no longer worrying about it.
So, how am I going to turn both of those ovals into a sweater? I'd attempt to explain, but I doubt it'll make any sense. That's what pictures are for.
I'd love to say that the ovals will be finished by next week, but I can't say that for sure. Considering the heat and my general slothishness lately, it might not happen. (Then again, it's not really that much more, so it is possible.)
The Reluctant Sweater:
I am curious about the magic math that turns these ovals into a sweater. It reminds me of the old “how to draw a dog” tutorials: make a circle; make two more circles (miracle occurs); it’s a dog!
ReplyDeleteThis has become quite the project. You'll get the math right - I never would. I hope the gift recipient appreciates all this work.
ReplyDeleteSometimes math is helpful!
ReplyDelete