Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

11,000

Did you see the MN Stolen Neighbors Quilt? 

Yeah, so in Minnesota, they put together a quilt of 11,000 squares to demonstrate how many people were kidnapped by ICE in the state. That's... that's a lot of people. Just going about their lives. And then they were ripped from them, horribly, and... 

It's all very horrible. And still going on. I wonder how big the quilt for California would be. Or how big one for the whole country would be. 

Just my weekly reminder that this regime is awful, and they need to be stopped. 

There's a bill that went through the California state legislature seeking to ban police and such taking side jobs with ICE. As of writing this, I hadn't heard if Gov. Newsom signed it. Or not. 

11 comments:

  1. I hope the results of the midterms will make a difference…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to visualize numbers that high unless there is an image like this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may fight their silly little battles, but eventually we have to win the war to free us from Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Birgit…for just one state!?! This needs much more air time. This will not last and he will topple along with the rest of them. When? Not soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this, but that's a great public statement of solidarity. Good on Minnesotans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good side of this is that there are people who still care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this. So I read about it and the quilt was a real community effort, even to having school children participating in the making of the squares. And they ended up with about 12,500 squares. Once, we thought this just happened in third world countries.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.