Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Blogging Maintenance

School started back up this week, so this is my last blogging nuts and bolts post of the summer. So, a few reminders: 

Now is a really good time to refresh your sidebar. When was the last time you went through and made sure all the gadgets were working? Is there anything there that's out of date? You should check it out periodically, so why not now? (Or find a time of year when things are slow for you and set yourself a reminder to do it then.) 

I've spent this summer trying to figure out how to help those bloggers who can't log in to comment on Blogger. If you've had this issue and figured out how to fix it, why not write your own blog post about it? I guarantee there are bloggers who would appreciate the insights. 

I collected all my blogging nuts and bolts posts into a page with a link at the top of this page. Feel free to reference it whenever you have need. 

And if there's any topic that you would like me to address, let me know in the comments. If I can answer the question, I will. Vacation weeks throughout the school year I will be in need of topics to blog about. Also, I'll need topics for next summer.

Happy beginning of the school year to those who celebrate. 

4 comments:

  1. First day of school is September 4. I wonder if this is the latest in the country. Incidentally, I wanted to tell you about another problem. I have with your blog on my iPhone. I cannot comment unless I enter the Web version of your blog. I have no idea what’s going on, but it’s only a minor annoyance..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! I bookmarked your post with all the helpful links. I just added two widgets to my sidebar this week. One is a search function so readers can access older posts via a keyword. Fandango suggested that to his readers, and it makes sense. I also added a tag cloud, which is for me ~ it seems that it’s the only way to find all posts with a particular label. If there’s another way, please share, as I don’t really like the look of the cloud…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, thank you so much for sharing these helpful tips! I really appreciate the time you put into doing this.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.