knitting crocheting continues.
I went online in search of something seasonal to work on, and I stumbled across this pattern for an amigurumi spider in a web. I kind of like how it turned out...
It still needs eyes. Or does it?
The body worked up easily enough. And the legs, done in I-cords (although, I actually crocheted them, too), went easily enough. My troubles came later.
The instructions have you insert wires into the legs and then attach those legs to the body. But my legs were flopping around like crazy.
Turns out, the wires need to be attached to the legs somehow. If I hadn't wound in my ends before inserting the wire, I could have saved myself a world of grief by using those ends to tie down the wires.
Then, the legs need to be really attached to the body. Not just tacked down. Once I went back and sewed those legs all the way across the bottom, the legs bent and molded just the way I'd hoped they would.
So, mistakes made, but that means those mistakes won't be made on a second critter. Wish me luck.