Friday, August 12, 2022

Word Ladder: Legen-wait-for-it-dary

I don't really know how random this quiz is, as it took me at least a dozen hits of the "random quiz" button on Sporcle before this one popped up. 

(Ones I skipped: sports puns, distance from Praetoria, characters on cartoons, geographic features of Canada, countries close to Brazil, most popular names that start with B, and several others I can't now recall.) 

A word ladder is where each "rung" is one letter different from the "rung" before (and after). So, if the first word is AND, the next word could be END. (This is good for when you get stuck. The next word only has one letter difference.) 

You can do the words in any order, so start with a clue you know. Only answer the ones you know. Then you can go back and fill in if you have time left. (Yes, this is timed. Sorry.)

Word Ladder: It's Going to Be Legen-wait-for-it-dary!

I got 39/42 for 93%. I'm rather pleased, as I never saw the sitcom on which this word ladder is based. 

Let me know how you did in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. I got them all. I thought it was pretty easy, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough of it seems to be TV oriented and...well, you know. I might have guessed anyway but I think this will be another pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really. Most of it was just defining words. But I understand. Not all quizzes are fun to people.

      Delete
  3. Mine had nothing to do with sit-coms, or TV (other than who the bartender on The Simpsons is). I got 88%, 39/42. Maybe it randomizes the ladder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I lot % points by going back? We got the same number correct, yet your % was more.

      Delete
    2. I may have written the % wrong, then. Because we should have the same % if we got the same number right. And yeah, the "theme" barely registers when you do the whole quiz.

      Delete
  4. Well, I got 74% at least I got some this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three letter words are easier than four letter words?

      Delete
  5. Interesting! I should check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 29% I feel I should have done better, lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.