Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Created by Aliens?


At the heart of much speculative fiction (and fiction in general) is a question. What if? On Tuesdays I like to throw one out there and see what you make of it. Do with it as you please. If a for-instance is not specified, feel free to interpret that instance as you wish. And if you find this becomes a novel-length answer, I'd appreciate a thank you in the acknowledgements ;)

This week our question comes to us via one of my oldest blogging buddies (and fellow moderator over at Unicorn Bell), Charity Bradford...

How would you react if you learned the earth and humans were created by aliens--aliens that live all around us, look just like us? More importantly, would you marry one of them if he or she said the future of your world depended on it?

Thank you, Charity. And make sure to check out Charity's newest book, which has just gone live...

Fade Into Me

Caeden Frey doesn't believe humans will evolve to see the magic, much less control it. Even so, he has two months to marry a human or face the wrath of the High Council. Bitter about a responsibility he thinks prevents him marrying for love, he figures any human girl will do. He’s ready to propose when his soul mate stumbles into—and right out of—his arms.

Human, Ryanne Killian might be Caedan's one shot at happiness while still fulfilling his duty. Unfortunately, she guards a dark secret. She’s determined to push Caedan away to protect him from her past.

Caedan must convince her she’s worthy of his love before a rival family puts an end to his wedding plans. If she can see her own worth, she just might save herself and his people.

Links:
Buy it in Print
Buy it for Kindle

Website
Twitter
Facebook


10 comments:

  1. Well, if we were created by aliens then I would feel we would be sticking around allot longer:) It wouldn't bother me to marry an alien...hell I think I married one anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I love the last part. Sometimes I think the same thing. Men are just strange. ;)

      Delete
  2. LOL, I love Birgit's comment and sense of humor :) Interesting book of your friend's; hope it does well! I don't know, if the alien looks like us, how would we know they were alien? I think I'd have to wait and see how good looking they were before I could commit to marrying one :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If they look just like us, you DON'T know who's human and who's an alien.

      Delete
  3. Love this concept for Charity's book. For some reason I feel like if we came from aliens, they would be prettier than us. Don't crazy people on the Sy-fy channel try to confuse aliens with angels all the time? They've got to be pretty good looking then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Well, Caedan's pretty good looking in my mind. ;)

      Delete
  4. There are a few theories around saying just this, that we are created and controlled by aliens. Yeah... I'd marry one, if I wasn't married already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While writing this I had a lot of fun watching all the episodes of Ancient Aliens on the History channel. There's some funny stuff in there and some fascinating ideas.

      Delete
  5. I think it would be interesting to find that out and I suppose if the fate of the world rested on my shoulders I'd probably marry an alien - but he better like cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet some aliens like cats. If not, they wouldn't have created them. LOL, at least that's how it works in my world.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.