Friday, June 7, 2013

Match Interrupted

Surprisingly, we got through the assigned reading. (I didn't expect these boys to be all that helpful, but they actually were!) The rest of the assignment was to do some questions as a class.

Number one was a long answer. I read the question, pointed out where the answer was, and then went to the teacher's desk to deal with the roll while they wrote down that answer.

The teacher had his own rosters, but I had rosters I had to turn in to the office for attendance. I only took roll on one, then transferred the information to the other when I got a spare moment. This was my spare moment. It took maybe a minute. I returned to the front of the room...

Two students had positioned themselves on the same chair. Arms linked. Elbows on table. An arm wrestling match about to begin.

The rest of the class watched, cell phones out and set to record.

I don't often yell. It does no good. I may get a momentary lull in crazy, but then the crazy comes back only worse.

But still, I lost it. I think I said, "Oh, no, you don't!" I said something about phones. Yelling was involved.

The tirade is probably posted on YouTube somewhere. But not much of it, because those phones got put away quickly. And the arm wrestling match did not happen.

I turn around for one minute...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I can just see someone's arm going flying and smacking someone in the face. Although I have to admit that arm wrestling is one of the least stupid things I've heard kids post on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That's how I feel about my six year old. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.