Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Starts With a J

I used to have a MySpace account.  I started my blog there.  But after I had a few too many technical difficulties, I moved the blog here.  I have since closed the MySpace account.  I hate to lose all of my blogs from that time, so from time to time I repost them here.  

This was originally posted January 26, 2007.  

I didn't really want to work today.  I feel like I'm coming down with something.  So, having a special ed. class was just what my tired, achy body needed.

But it wasn't that bad.  They had a spelling/vocabulary test first, and then when they finished that, they were supposed to get into groups of 3 or 4 and list all the words that they could think of that started with "J".  Apparently this is something that they've done before, so they knew the drill.

The ground rules were simple.  No wandering the room (to look for hints).  No dictionaries.  No flipping through books.  And I would have thought that they'd want to keep their work to themselves so that the other groups wouldn't steal their answers, but that wasn't always the case.

So, it's later in the day, and these two boys are sniping at each other.  I don't remember the insult that one threw at the other, but the other shot back with:

"Jackass."

Pause.

"That's a J-word!"

Now, that's the way to help the other team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.