Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Few Blog Updates

As I was writing my post on Monday, I had a thought.  I sub at the continuation high school a lot.  There are about 15 teachers there.  Why don't I label those posts with regard to which class I was in? 

Things kind of snowballed from there.  Today I thought it time to point out a few of the "improvements" I've been making to the blog. 

First off, I went through and tried to label those posts with the class they belonged to.  I wasn't completely successful as sometimes the post wasn't about the class but was about some other aspect of the school.  (This week I've been in the government class.  I've also spent a lot of time in one of the English classes and the science class.) 

Then, I started a glossary.  There are certain terms specific to the schools/area where I work, so rather than explaining them each time I use them, I think it'll be easier to link to that page.  This is a work-in-progress.  The list isn't yet complete (I wonder if it ever will be), and I'm still working on getting the formatting right. 

Finally, I linked to a couple short stories I posted on scribd.  These are on the sidebar under "My Short Stories".  Please check them out.  Feel free to tell me what you think. 

That's the thing about a blog.  It has to continue to be a work-in-progress.  There are always things to add.  There are always ways to improve. 

9 comments:

  1. Cool, another teacher who writes. And knits. I write and knit but don't teach. At least I don't get paid to teach. Haunting you from Theresa's blog!

    KarenG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, visiting for Theresa's hanting fest. I'd love to take a look at your short stories, but I'm not used to scribd and couldn't find them :(. Anyway, if you need a crit partner, I'm looking too. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Liz! I'm over from Theresa's. It's great to meet another teacher-slash-writer. :o)

    Good for you posting your short stories on Scribd. I'm not nearly that brave yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting from Theresa's haunting! Nice to meet you!

    I'm always updating and improving my blog, too. I guess I can't help tinkering with it but I like to keep it neat, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is from another Substitute Teacher who writes. I sub for the elementary grades. It is always nice to meet fellow subtitutes and hear their adventures. It is not easy to be a sub.
    Here from Theresa's Halloween Haunting Fest.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Liz! I am also here from Theresa's blog haunting party. What a great Halloween we are having!

    I think that is part of the fun of blogs. There are always new things we can do and add. It's like decorating our little home on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm stopping by from Theresa's blog :) I'm going to check out your short stories right now... that's a pretty cool way to post things online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen G-
    There are a lot of us, I think. Thanks for stopping by.

    JEFritz-
    The links on the sidebar didn't work? I provided them because I'm still finding my way around scribd. If those links don't work, I need to go back and fix them.

    Jackee-
    Nice to meet you, too. I don't know if I'm brave. I'm still considering whether or not to leave them up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. L.T. Elliot-
    Yeah, I like neatness too. That's one of the reasons I keep tinkering. I'm looking to get it just right.

    Choices-
    Elementary, huh? You're braver than me. The little ones scare me.

    Jayne-
    Yes, true. I agree.

    Lisa-
    Yeah, I thought scribd was a great idea when I ran across it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.