Friday, August 20, 2010

To the Tape

Wednesday night.  Babysitting duty.

I have one of those Flip cameras.  I thought I'd pull it out.  I don't record the kids enough, and the camera is easy enough that the kids can record themselves as well.

My niece and nephew were painting.  My nephew started in on some random long explanation of the show that was on TV (Avatar: The Last Airbender).  He's obsessed with the show.  Did I mention that he's 4?  The explanation was hard to follow.

I thought that this would be a wonderful thing to record for posterity.  It would be so much fun to pull out when he's 16.  See.  See what you were obsessed with at 4.  So, I started recording.  Suddenly, he had nothing to say.

I tried asking questions.  What is going on with the show?

His sister answered.  (She's 9.)  Then somehow this became a back and forth thing.  "Don't ask me, ask him."

"Don't ask me, ask her."

It was kind of brilliant.  Back and forth.  Great sibling fight.  On video.

The back and forth ended, so I went to stop the recording.  Only, I was starting the recording.  The whole thing?  Not taped.

Insert reaction shot here.

I had pressed the red button.  Apparently, I had not pressed the red button hard enough.  Or something.

The kids were game to try again, but you can't stage those things.  Sigh.

I did get some other great random images.  The 4-year-old trying to film.  He seemed to think that moving the camera around really fast would get great results.  He hasn't figured out how to point the thing at the action either.

Although, he did manage to press the red button hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.