Monday, January 11, 2010

Stuck

KROQ-FM was having another Roq-of-the-'90s weekend this past weekend. They did this a couple weeks ago as well.

The choice of decade didn't bother me too much. We're moving into a new decade, so it's sort of fitting. But something did bother me about the theme.

I enjoyed it way too much.

I spent so much effort trying not to get stuck in the '80s. I didn't want to turn into one of those people who only listens to "oldies" stations (the kids' word, not mine). I wanted to remain fairly current.

I spent time listening to current radio. I turned the station when too many of the songs resonated from my childhood. I tried to favor the newer stuff.

I thought I succeeded. I was not stuck in the '80s. Unfortunately, it turns out that I got stuck in the '90s.

It's time to go back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.