Thursday, July 16, 2009

Opening Day

I went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night. Well, it was more like yesterday afternoon. 5:10 PM. Is that considered afternoon or evening?

To make sure the movie wasn't sold out, I bought the tickets online. And we got there early--about 4:20. There was a line, of course, but they let us line up inside (a plus since I wasn't wearing sunscreen) and the line wasn't terribly long. When we got into the theater, it wasn't full.

The movie was long (brilliant, but long), and we got out near to 8 o'clock. There were security guards along the line (there were no security guards for us). And that line that we had been in was now along the inside of the lobby, around to the doors, and out the doors. It didn't curl too far out the doors...well, at least not that I saw (and I wasn't really looking). I'm sure that the 8:whatever showing was packed.

I learned something yesterday. 5 o'clock showings are good. Well, not on the weekends, I suppose, but on the weekdays they're ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.