Thursday, May 14, 2009

An Extra Period

Some things are so common that I rarely comment upon them.  Frequently, I'm asked to cover another class during the prep period of the teacher I am subbing for on a given day.  Teachers sometimes are only out for a period or two.  Sometimes there are not enough subs to go around, so a teacher may get a different sub for each period.  

Some teachers don't have their own classrooms (there are not enough rooms for each teacher to have one).  They have to live like gypsies, packing up and moving to a new room each period.  They use the classroom of a teacher who has a prep period that period.  

Today I had an interesting synchronicity of events.  I was asked to cover an extra period, and the teacher I was to cover used the classroom that I was already in.  

Some things are so common that I rarely comment upon them.  But some things never happen.  You'd think that with the prevalence of covering extra periods and roving teachers this would happen more frequently, but it does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.