Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Twenty-Ten

I wonder how long it'll take for everyone to say "twenty-ten" as opposed to "two-thousand ten" when referring to next year.  It seems that right now it's about half and half.  
I actually had this conversation with my mother the other day.  Hey, it was something to talk about.  And since it's been on my mind...

I know that everyone will convert at some point.  "Twenty-ten" has three syllables while "two-thousand ten" has four.  One syllable difference, sure, but we'll always go for the shorter, won't we?

I wonder if it's a hundredth monkey thing.  Or will there still be holdouts into 2011.  It's something to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments.

I respond to comments* via email, unless your profile email is not enabled. Then, I'll reply in the comment thread. Eventually. Probably.

*Exception: I do not respond to "what if?" comments, but I do read them all. Those questions are open to your interpretation, and I don't wish to limit your imagination by what I thought the question was supposed to be.